Friday, September 11, 2009

GIBBERISH TALK"LIFE IN VICIOUS CIRCLES!!" (Short story)

Lights..red and blue..a body surrounded by people..a body recognizable only by a piece of half burnt paper in the wallet.. "The police recorded the death of a man named Ravi Tejus, approx aged 25, at the premises of the Vihar colony yesterday.."



I woke up with a start..my family seems very gloomy..some are even crying..who are they mourning for?..people have gathered in the yard..who are they biding farewell to??..why are everybody just staring at me??..and why is my photo placed in front of a corpse??...My vision fades..Total blackout....



My alarm is ringing..mom switches it off..she doesn't wake me up..however she sits besides me in the bed .looking blankly at me..i feel like a stranger.. I thought the dream was over?? Nobody greets me as I walk down the stairs..oh, why is everyone acting so indifferent to me?? Just because I got pick pocketed the other day, have I been declared an outcaste..C'mon bhaiyya, even you ignore me??i pick the newspaper..the story of the burnt body of Ravi Tejus screams at me..WHAT?? Ravi Tejus dead??I'm dead??the address is correct, but something is wrong?? "the wallet was almost completely burnt…"..yes, the wallet..wasn't I pick pocketed the other day?? So, that couldn't be me!!relief..mom, dad, I'm here… maybe all I need is a shave?? Then they would recognize me..


But, I cannot shave..I'm stuck in this image of mine, cause I can't find my reflection in the mirror..I look around.. No shadow..what's happening??..My vision begins to fade..Total black out....



I'm surrounded by a warm fluid.. I'm in a womb..my mother caresses me with her caring words..i see my father..he had once stolen money from me, placing my wallet back and flaming my body?? Why am I his son?? Total black out....



A past vision..



I am a money lender..the pickpocket has been captured by my guards..he has failed to pay the dues..i put him in dungeon, torching away his home and family..



Back to present..



Now I'm his son..What is the future?? Am I supposed to avenge him for killing me?? Is this my karma?? When will I escape this vicious circle of life and rebirth?? When will my soul be free and seek enlightenment??...

6 comments:

  1. Gibberishness has differnt tones..tried striking a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time with a short story eh..nice attempt..congratz yaar..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. man i knew something with a wallet would come up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ashy for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good one kc... were u also pick pocketed on that day wit ashwin??:)

    ReplyDelete